This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Gastronomic (Stage Two): Sat 22nd Sept, 6.45pm Jenni Elbourne
- The Comedy About A Bank Robbery: Sat 20th Oct, 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- Macbeth: Sat 3rd Nov, 2018, 2.30pm - Vocaleyes – Andrew Holland & Willie Elliott
- The Full Monty: Sat 1st Dec, 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- Aladdin: Sat 5th Jan, 2019, 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Romeo and Juliet Sat 2nd Feb, 2pm - Vocaleyes
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
- Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake: Sat 6th April, 2.30pm Vocaleyes
Matilda: Wed 31st July, 2019, 2.30pm - Describer tbc
- Sat 10th Aug, 2019, 2.30pm - Describer t.b.c
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Awful Auntie: Sat 10th November, 2.30pm - Theatresign – Stacey Green
- Aladdin: Sun 6 Jan, 2019, 1pm, Theatresign – Laura Miller
- Romeo and Juliet: Fri 1st Feb, 7.30pm RSC interpreter. This is a semi-integrated signed performance where the signer moves about the stage and interacts with the performers
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Club Tropicana: Sat 2nd Mar, 2.30pm Theatresign – Donna Ruane
Matilda: Sat 10 Aug, 2019, 2.30pm, Theatresign – Donna Ruane
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Gastronomic (Stage Two): Thur 20th Sept, 6.45pm
- Still Alice: Thursday 4 October, 2.30pm
- The Comedy About A Bank Robbery: Thur 18th Oct, 2.30pm
- Macbeth: Thur 1st Nov, 2018, 2.30pm
- Elf the Musical (Norwich Playhouse):Tues 18th Dec, 7.30pm
- Aladdin: Sun 6th Jan, 2019, 5pm
- Romeo and Juliet: Thur 31st Jan, 2pm
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Thur 7th Feb, 2.30pm
- The House on Cold Hill: Thur 14th Mar, 2.30pm
- Rough Crossing: Wed 27th Mar, 2.30pm
- Matilda: Wed 24th July, 2019, 2.30pm
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
- The Snail and the Whale (Norwich Playhouse): Wed 28th Nov, 4.30pm
Aladdin, Fri 4 Jan, 2019, 5.30pm
- Click Here for Show Information
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2018There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download the latest Audio brochure
Click here to stream the latest Audio brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524