This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Romeo and Juliet Sat 2nd Feb, 2pm - Vocaleyes
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
- Club Tropicana: Sat 2nd Mar, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
- Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake: Sat 6th April, 2.30pm Vocaleyes
- Girl On A Train: Sat 6th July, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
Matilda: Wed 31st July, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Sat 10th Aug, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Cinderella Sat 11th Jan 2.30pm
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Romeo and Juliet: Fri 1st Feb, 7.30pm RSC interpreter. This is a semi-integrated signed performance where the signer moves about the stage and interacts with the performers
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Club Tropicana: Sat 2nd Mar, 2.30pm Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Matilda: Sat 10 Aug, 2019, 2.30pm, Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Cinderella Sun 12th Jan 1.00pm
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Romeo and Juliet: Thur 31st Jan, 2pm
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Thur 7th Feb, 2.30pm
- The House on Cold Hill: Thur 14th Mar, 2.30pm
- Rough Crossing: Wed 27th Mar, 2.30pm
- Matilda: Wed 24th July, 2019, 2.30pm
- Cinderella: Sun 12th Jan 5.30pm
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
2019There are no relaxed perfomances planned at present.
Read the story of Aladdin below
- Cinderella: Thu 16th Jan, 5pm
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2019There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download the latest Audio brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524