This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Shrek The Musical: Sat 30th June 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Agatha Christie’s Love From a Stranger: Sat 21 July, 2018, 2.30pm - Matthew Piper
- Grease: Sat 28th July, 2018, 2.30pm - Student describers
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- The Comedy About A Robbery: Sat 20th Oct, 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- Macbeth: Sat 3rd Nov, 2018, 2.30pm - Vocaleyes – Andrew Holland & Willie Elliott
- The Full Monty: Sat 1st Dec, 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- Aladdin: Sat 5th Jan, 2019, 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Caroline Williams
Matilda: Wed 31st July, 2019, 2.30pm - Describer tbc
- Sat 10th Aug, 2019, 2.30pm - Describer tbc
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Shrek: Sat 30th June, 2018, 2.30pm, Theatresign - Donna Ruane
- Grease: Sat 28th July, 2018, 2.30pm, Theatresign - Stacey Green
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug, 2.30pm - Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Awful Auntie: Sat 10th November, 2.30pm - Theatresign – Stacey Green
- Aladdin: Sun 6 Jan, 2019, 1pm, Theatresign – Laura Miller
- Calendar Girls the Musical: Sat 16th Feb, 2019, 2.30pm, Theatresign – Donna Ruane
Matilda: Sat 10 Aug, 2019, 2.30pm, Signer tbc
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em: Wed 11 July, 2018, 2.30pm
- Agatha Christie’s Love From a Stranger: Thur 19 July, 2018, 2.30pm
- Grease: Fri 27th July, 2018, 7.30pm
- Miss Saigon: Weds 5th Sept 2.30pm
- Still Alice: Thursday 4 October, 2.30pm
- The Comedy About A Robbery: Thur 18th Oct, 2.30pm
- Macbeth: Thur 1st Nov, 2018, 2.30pm
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
Aladdin, Fri 4 Jan, 2019, 5.30pm
- Click Here for Show Information
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2018There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download the latest Audio brochure
Click here to stream the latest Audio brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524