This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Beautiful: Sat 7th Oct 2.30pm, Caroline Williams
- Crazy For You: Sat 4th Nov 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- How the Other Half Loves: Sat 2nd Dec 2.30pm, Matthew Piper
- Terry Pratchett's Lord & Ladies: Saturday 16th Dec, 7.30pm, Stage Two Student Describers
- Sleeping Beauty: Wed 3 Jan, 2018, 2.30pm & Sat 6 Jan, 2018, 2.30pm, Matthew Piper & Caroline Williams
- Sleeping Beauty: Wed 3rd Jan 2.30pm & Sat 6th Jan 2018 2.30pm
- Around the World in 80 Days: Sat 20th Jane 2.30pm, Matthew Piper
- Matthew Bourne's Cinderella: Sat 3rd March 2.30pm, Vocal Eyes
- The Kite Runner: Saturday 10th March 2.30pm, Matthew Piper
- Legally Blonde: Sat 31st March 2.30pm, Caroline Williams
- Jersey Boys: Thurs 7th June 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
Top price seats at all performances are half price for those registered blind or partially sighted and this concession is offered to one companion. For details please ask at the Box Office (01603) 630000
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Crazy For You: Sat 4th Nov 2.30pm, Laura Miller - Theatre Sign
- Sleeping Beauty: Sat 13th Jan 2018, 2.30pm - Stacey Green - Theatre Sign
- Fat Friends the Musical: Sat 17th March, 2.30pm - Karen Ward Welch - Theatre Sign
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug, 2.30pm - Donna Ruane - Theatre Sign
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Beautiful: Weds 4th Oct, 2.30pm
- Crazy For You: Thurs 2nd Nov, 2.30pm
- Norfolk Schools Project: Sun 12th Nov, 2.30pm
- How the Other Half Loves: Weds 29th Nov, 2.30pm
- Sleeping Beauty: Sun 7th Jan, 1pm
- Around the World in 80 Days: Wed 17th Jan 2.30pm
- The Kite Runner: Wed 7th March 2.30pm
- This House: Thurs 10th May 2.30pm
- Jersey Boys: Thurs 14th June 2.30pm
- Miss Saigon: Weds 5th Sept 2.30pm
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
Sleeping Beauty: Fri 5th Jan 2018, 5.30pm
- Click Here for Show Information
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2017There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download our current Audio brochure, April 2017 - January 2018 (mp3 zipped)
Click here to stream the current brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524