How To Find Us
Please make sure you leave plenty of time to park before a performance. There is no parking at the theatre.
The nearest car parks include the underground car park at
- The Forum NR2 1TF (opposite the theatre, £2.50 after 5pm, Car Park Closes at Midnight. If you arrive after 5pm you can conveniently pay at the start of your visit to avoid queuing at the end of the evening).
- Chapelfield shopping centre NR1 3SH (behind the theatre, £2.50 after 3pm)
- St Giles NR2 1NH multi-storey car park is open until 1.00am for a charge of £1.80 after 6.30pm.
- St Andrews NR3 3AT on Duke Street (10mins from theatre) a charge of £1.80 after 6.30pm until 5am.
- Chantry surface car park NR2 1RG (off Theatre Street, next to the Assembly House) offers parking for a charge of £1.80 after 6.30pm.
Please note that none of these car parks offer free evening parking.
For more information on other city centre car parks please click here to download Norwich City Council Parking Planner or contact the Box Office directly on 01603 630000
All of the above car parks have disabled badge spaces. There are also blue badge spaces available opposite the theatre in Theatre Street and a drop-off layby can be accessed to the right of the doors on Theatre Street.
Coaches and Minibuses can park at Lower Clarence Road, situated behind the Norwich railway station, Norwich City Football Club, on non-match days and Harford Park & Ride, situated on the A140 Ipswich Road and A47 junction. Minibuses can also park at surface carparks on Rouen Road and Chantry Road. For more information call the Box Office on 01603 630000 or visit www.norwich.gov.uk
Sign up to www.norfolk.liftshare.com to find others going your way so you can car share together.
Taxis are available from ABC Taxis on 01603 666333. Driving eco-friendly cars within their fleet.
From the train station, there are also licenced black cabs available outside the entrance, and dedicated taxi phones within the station.
For information on timetables call 0845 600 7245 or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
It is a 20 minute walk, mostly uphill, from Norwich railway station to the theatre.
Visit www.travelineeastanglia.co.uk to plan your route.
It is a 10 minute walk from the bus station to the Theatre Royal, with a gentle uphill slope towards the end of the journey.
For information on local bus timetables call First Bus on 08456 020 121 or click here
Cycle racks are available outside and opposite the theatre. To plan your route visit www.norwich.cyclestreets.net
If coming by train and bike, Greater Anglia have certain restrictions. Visit greateranglia.co.uk/cycle for more details.
To hire a bike in Norwich we recomemend Bicycle Links just a short walk from the Coach & Train Stations
Visit www.walkit.com to plan your journey time and route. It can even recommend traffic free or scenic routes to make your journey to the theatre a more pleasurable experience.
Virtual Google Tour
We now have a virtual Google tour of our building interiors. Follow this link to start.