This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Educating Rita: Sat 15th June 2.30pm - Minds Eye
- Girl On A Train: Sat 6th July, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
Matilda: Wed 31st July, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Sat 10th Aug, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Romeo & Juliet: Sat 7 Sept 2.30pm - Caroline Burn
- Kinky Boots:Thu 26 Sept 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Thu 17 Oct 7.30pm - TBC
- A Taste of Honey - Sat 16 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Describer
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Matilda: Sat 10 Aug, 2019, 2.30pm. Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Kinky Boots: Thu 26 Sept 7.30pm. Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Sat 19 Oct 2.30pm - Watermill Providers
- A Taste of Honey: Sat 16 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Providers
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Educating Rita: Wed 12th June 2.30pm - Lorna Heap
- Matilda: Wed 24th July, 2.30pm - Beverly Ward
- Kinky Boots:Thu 19 Sept 2.30pm - Suzanne Biesty
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Sat 19 Oct 2.30pm - Suzanne Biesty
- A Taste of Honey - Thu 14 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Captioner
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
- Cinderella: Thur 16th Jan, 5.30pm
Read the story of Aladdin below
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2019There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Available for those registered blind or partially sighted. For more details please contact our Access Officer on (01603) 598613.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download the latest Audio brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524