This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
- Club Tropicana: Sat 2nd Mar, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
- Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake: Sat 6th April, 2.30pm - Vocaleyes
- Educating Rita: Sat 15th June 2.30pm - Minds Eye
- Girl On A Train: Sat 6th July, 2019, 2.30pm, - Caroline Williams
Matilda: Wed 31st July, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Sat 10th Aug, 2019, 2.30pm - RSC Describers
- Romeo & Juliet: Sat 7 Sept 2.30pm - Caroline Burn
- Kinky Boots:Thu 26 Sept 2.30pm - Caroline Williams
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Thu 17 Oct 7.30pm - TBC
- A Taste of Honey - Sat 16 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Describer
- Cinderella Sat 11th Jan 2.30pm
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Club Tropicana: Sat 2nd Mar, 2.30pm Theatresign. – Donna Ruane
- Matilda: Sat 10 Aug, 2019, 2.30pm. Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- Kinky Boots: Thu 26 Sept 7.30pm. Theatresign – Donna Ruane
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Sat 19 Oct 2.30pm - Watermill Providers
- A Taste of Honey: Sat 16 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Providers
- Cinderella Sun 12th Jan 1.00pm
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- The House on Cold Hill: Thur 14th Mar, 2.30pm
- Rough Crossing: Wed 27th Mar, 2.30pm
- Educating Rita: Wed 12th June 2.30pm - Lorna Heap
- Matilda: Wed 24th July, 2.30pm - Beverly Ward
- Kinky Boots:Thu 19 Sept 2.30pm - Suzanne Biesty
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Sat 19 Oct 2.30pm - Suzanne Biesty
- A Taste of Honey - Thu 14 Nov 2.30pm - National Theatre Captioner
- Cinderella: Sun 12th Jan 5.30pm - Rosey Lock
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
2019There are no relaxed perfomances planned at present.
Read the story of Aladdin below
- Cinderella: Thu 16th Jan, 5pm
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2019There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Available for those registered blind or partially sighted. For more details please contact our Access Officer on (01603) 598613.
- Club Tropicana 12pm, 2nd March
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download the latest Audio brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524