The Actor’s Course
Stage Two | Class
Applications for the 2019/20 intake are NOW CLOSED.
A 10 month acting course for adults who wish to build a more in depth knowledge of acting skills and techniques. Expert tuition and industry training is provided and within the safety of a creative and supportive environment. Students will work through a syllabus to develop performance skills in relation to character creation through the study of text. Vocal and physical techniques are an integral part of the course allowing students to develop a greater understanding of voice and movement as well as exploring other theatrical techniques.
The third part of the year student will use the skills learnt and place them in a production and rehearsal setting. A fully supported public show or showcase at the end of your year means participants work with a focus and experience what it is like to work as part of a professional creative team. Students will be expected to focus on ideas between classes, and places can only be offered to those who are able to fully commit to the year.
The course includes:
- Expert tuition and industry training on a range of performance skills
- A fully supported show or showcase at the end of your year
- Discounts to masterclasses at the Theatre
- Invitations to associated events across our venues
2019/20 Class Dates
- Classes are held on Tuesdays 7.30 – 9.30pm
- 17thSeptember – 3rd December 2019
- 7thJanuary – 24th March 2020
- 21stApril – 23rd June 2020
- There are no classes during half terms: 22ndOctober 2019, 18th February and 26th May 2020
- There are no classes during breaks: 10thDecember 2019 to 6th January 2020 and 31st March to 20 April 2020
2019/20 Performance Dates
- Performances: 26th& 27th June 2020
- Extra Sunday rehearsals: Sunday 7thJune and 14th June 2020, 10am-1pm
- Production week: 23rd- 25th June 2020 - evening tech/dress rehearsals
Application for 2020/21 intake
- Applications for the 2019/20 intake are now closed.
- Keep an eye on our website for further details on how to apply for the 2020/21 intake
- Classes take place in Stage Two at Norwich Theatre Royal.
- Suitable for Age 18+
Participants are expected to make full commitment to the whole course and must be prepared to work as part of a team. The course is not for beginners. Participants are expected to have some previous experience. The course is facilitated by a team of dedicated drama practitioners, including experienced actors and directors.
Norwich Theatre Royal have been delivering acting courses for children, young people and adults very successfully for over twenty-five years. The team are based at Stage Two, the Theatre Royal’s education and learning centre.
For enquiries about the course contact Stage Two reception on 01603 598600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a moment to read our Terms and Conditions of Take Part Activities at NTR
We work hard to ensure best practise and the safety of all who attend our activities. To do this we have a number of policies and procedures in place to support our participants and visitors. These are available at our reception in Stage Two, and here on our website including:-
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Child Collection Policy
- Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Data Protection Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Youth Participation Policy
- Code of Conduct