The Actor’s Course
Stage Two | Class
Applications NOW OPEN for 2019/20 intake.
Closing date for applications: 20th August 2019. Open evening for invited applicants: 10th September 2019.
A 10 month acting course for adults who wish to build a more in depth knowledge of acting skills and techniques. Expert tuition and industry training is provided and within the safety of a creative and supportive environment. Students will work through a syllabus to develop performance skills in relation to character creation through the study of text. Vocal and physical techniques are an integral part of the course allowing students to develop a greater understanding of voice and movement as well as exploring other theatrical techniques.
The third part of the year student will use the skills learnt and place them in a production and rehearsal setting. A fully supported public show or showcase at the end of your year means participants work with a focus and experience what it is like to work as part of a professional creative team. Students will be expected to focus on ideas between classes, and places can only be offered to those who are able to fully commit to the year.The course includes:
- Expert tuition and industry training on a range of performance skills
- A fully supported show or showcase at the end of your year
- Discounts to masterclasses at the Theatre
- Invitations to associated events across our venues
Entry to The Actor’s Course is by application. Places are strictly limited, with a maximum of 16 places offered per year. Forms can be collected from Stage Two reception, and are also available on our website.You can download the application form here.Class Dates
- Classes are held on Tuesdays 7.30 – 9.30pm
- 17th September – 3rd December 2019
- 7th January – 24th March 2020
- 21st April – 23rd June 2020
- There are no classes during half terms: 22nd October 2019, 18th February and 26th May 2020
- There are no classes during breaks: 10th December 2019 to 6th January 2020 and 31st March to 20 April 2020
- Performances: 26th & 27th June 2020
- Extra Sunday rehearsals: Sunday 7th June and 14th June 2020, 10am-1pm
- Production week: 23rd - 25th June 2020 - evening tech/dress rehearsals
- Places are strictly limited, with a maximum of 16 places offered per year
- To apply for a place, please complete The Actor’s Course application form [LINK]
- Closing Date for applications: 20th August 2019
- There will be an open evening for invited applicants 10th September 2019
- £325, or 3 installments of £120
- If paying by installments, the 2nd instalment will be due Nov 2019, and the third Feb 2020.
- Classes take place in Stage Two at Norwich Theatre Royal.
- Suitable for Age 18+
Norwich Theatre Royal have been delivering acting courses for children, young people and adults very successfully for over twenty-five years. The team are based at Stage Two, the Theatre Royal’s education and learning centre.
For enquiries about the course contact Stage Two reception on 01603 598600, or email email@example.com.