Trinity Performance Exams 13 - 17 yrs
September 2019 - July 2020
Course | Stage Two
Trinity College London is a leading international examinations board. They specialise in communicative and performance skills including music, drama and combined arts. At their heart is a belief that effective communication and performance skills are life enhancing, know no boundaries and should be within reach of us all. They are creative and encourage those wanting to go into the profession have a wide skills set. They offer a wonderful supportive way to build individuals confidence.
Students will work in small groups with a practitioner for 10 weeks towards an appropriate level performance examination. At the end of the term they will be assessed by friendly examiners who themselves work within the industry and will be given feedback and their grade within a week of the exam date.
Students can usually complete a grade in just one term, however, most students do stay with us for the year and progress through the different examinations and grade. The higher grades carry UCAS points, helping towards university applications in the future.
AGES: 13-17 years. There is another course for 7 - 12 here.
DATES: 16 September – 2 December 2019 (excl. 21 October 2019)
Exam day: Sunday 8 December#
6 January – 23 March 2020 (excl. 17 February 2020)
Exam day: Sunday 29 March 2020#
20 April – 13 July 2020 (excl. 4 & 25 May 2020)
Exam day: Sun 19 July 2020#
DAYS & TIMES: Mondays 4.30-6pm, or 6-7.30pm
COST: Cost £120 per term plus additional examination fee between £35-£86 per exam depending on the chosen level.
VENUE: Stage Two
#Before enrolling onto the Trinity Performance Exam course, participants need to check they are available on the examination dates and are expected to make full commitment to the whole course.
Priority booking period for students currently on other Young Company courses – 29 May –6 June 2019
- Students on other courses will be given a priority application period between 29 May and 6 June 2019.
- You will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of £20 or the full course fee by 6 June to secure your place.
- If you’ve paid a deposit, the deadline for the remainder of the course fee is 30 June 2019.
Applications from new members – 7 June - 31 August 2019
- Booking for new members not currently on any of our courses will open from 7 June 2019 and close 31 August.
- Course fees are paid each term.
- Priority booking window for spring term will be 19 September-5 December 2019
- Priority booking window for summer term will be 9 January-26 March 2020.
- Failure to make payment by the deadline will result in the participant being removed from the course.
- If you are struggling to make the payment by the deadline, please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible.
- Additional examination fee: There is an additional examination entry fee of £36-£88 depending examination level. The deadline for this fee will be week 5 of your course. This fee goes to Trinity College.
- Norwich Theatre Royal believes that everyone should have the opportunity to experience and participate in the arts. The NTR bursary fund has been set up to provide financial assistance to those who need it. Please see the bursary webpage or contact us for further details and how to apply.
- By signing up to this course, you are agreeing to the high level of commitment we expect from all our students to their learning, rehearsals and to each other.
Norwich Theatre Royal’s Young Company
The Young Company puts young people at the centre of the creative process to produce vibrant, innovative, and creative theatre. Our courses offer significant personal and educational benefits; developing self-esteem as well as improving communication and team-work skills whilst working in a professional, creative and nurturing environment.
As the region’s largest professional working theatre it is fundamental to our principles that we offer high quality industry training to all our students. We recognise not everyone wishes to enter the industry on a professional level, but believe our students understand and appreciate the discipline and lifelong skills that are learnt from taking part in quality arts provision.
When members leave the Young Company at 18 years we aim for them to be well rounded, brave, confident and creative young people ready to enter and be successful in the wider world, regardless of their chosen pathways.
In addition to the courses below, Young Company members where appropriate, are offered opportunities throughout the year to audition for additional performances, take part in extra workshops lead by touring companies, back stage tours, theatre trips and receive reduced ticket prices.
The Young Company includes the following courses:
- Young Actors (8-18yrs)
- Backstage (Tech and Design) (13-17yrs)
- The Ensemble (13-17yrs)
- Modern Musical Theatre (8-12yrs and 13-17yrs)
- Trinity Performance Exams (7-17yrs)
For enquiries about the course contact Stage Two reception on 01603 598600, or email email@example.com.