Logged in as:
Your shopping cart is empty.

Make A Donation

Ways to donate:

  • Online  - use the following link to donate online using your credit or debit card

  • By Post  - click here to download a donation form
  • In Person - pop a donation in our Elephant or collection tins
  • Stocks & Shares - see the next section for more details and an example transfer form
  • Join our Friends scheme - receive benefits and discounts in exchange for your regular donation.

Gift Aid

If you are a UK tax payer please Gift Aid your donation. For every pound you donate, we can reclaim an extra 25p from HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs), making £10 into £12.50. In 2009/10 we raised almost £6,000 in Gift Aid, at no additional cost to the donors.

If you have any questions please contact our Development Director, Paula Sanchez:
Telephone: 01603 598558
e-mail: p.sanchez@theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk

Donating Stocks & Shares

An alternative to giving money can be the donation of shares or securities. There can be significant tax efficiencies and you should seek professional financial advice before proceeding.

If you decide to donate some shares to Norwich Theatre Royal (registered charity no: 262259), please let us know in advance to enable us to make the necessary arrangements for your gift and help the transferral go as smoothly as possible.

To transfer the shares in paper form (certificates), the process is as follows:
1) You obtain a stock transfer form from the Registrar.
2) Fill out and sign the form. (You can see a sample transfer form here)
3) Return the completed form to the Registrar of Shares with original Share Certificate.
4) Norwich Theatre Royal will receive a new Share Certificate in their name.

If your stocks are held electronically, in either a Corporate Nominee Account (administered by the Registrar) or a Stockbrokers Nominee Account (administered by a Stockbroker), you will have to contact the Nominee in order to check their precise requirements for transferring the shares.

You must keep a dated copy of the transfer form and correspondence with the charity to establish the value of the shares when they were transferred, so you can claim the tax relief.

For further information please visit http://www.tax-effective-giving.org.uk/ or contact your financial advisor.