FAQs - Online Booking
1. Why can't I select my seats? 'These seats are no longer available, please choose alternative seats'
2. Why did my Login Fail? - 'Invalid Login'
There are a number of reasons why your login could have failed. Below is a list of possible solutions:
If you get the message "Invalid login", the most likely reason for this is that you have entered your username and password incorrectly.
- Please go to your Internet Browser Settings and clear down all our your Internet Browsing History/ Cache. If you are not sure how to do this there is a useful guide here. Upon completion, open up a new window and try to login again. If this fails then, please request a password reset / username reminder and try again.
- If your username/password has already been reset by the theatre and it still gives you an 'invalid login' it generally means you have saved your old login details under your privacy settings, and as a result your old login details will overwrite any new ones. Before you carry out the step by step tasks below, please clear down all of your Internet Browsing History/ Cache (instructions here )and try to login again. If this does not work you will need to remove saved passwords before attempting to login with your new ones.
Please Note: The "Invalid Login" message may also be displayed on occasions where the website login system is not functioning correctly, so check to see if the website has a "Server not responsive" message before sending a reset request.
3. Why am I getting "Login Security Warning"?Norwich Theatre Royal use a secure connection to transmit and verify account details. Most Internet Browsers are set by default to display an alert box when users enter and leave a secure connection. The appearance and content of the alert boxes varies between browsers. Some browsers may also ask you to review and accept a site security certificate before being able to open the login page.
4. Why can’t I see my Norwich Theatre Royal Friends discount when booking online?
Norwich Theatre Royal Friends need to be logged in to the website in order for their concession to apply.
If you have a membership but have not yet created an online account with us, please contact the Box Office on 01603 630000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will ensure your membership is associated with your website login for any future bookings.
5. Why am I having problems trying to displaying the Seating Map - Apple iPhone and iPad
All our sites now support full booking facilities including 'Pick your own seat' using iPhone and iPad devices and no longer use Adobe Flash.
6. Why does the message 'You must have a valid performance selected' appear when using a mobile device?For mobile devices (generally iOS but can appear on Android) as well as some laptops using mobile broadband or hotspot WiFi we have put in place an extra secuirty measure to ensure tickets aren't boought accidentally.
When you select a performance you are directed to the seating map page, if you then try to go 'Back' to the show/performance list, the message 'You must have a valid performance selected' will appear. To get round this message we strongly suggest you either continue with the selected seats to the Shopping Cart/Order page and then click 'Add More Seats', 'Add Another Show' or 'Cancel Order'. However, if you'd like to look at another date for a performance you would need to go back to 'What's On' and search for the specfic show or performance again.
7. Are you using the Latest Internet Browser Version?
We strongly recommend ensuring you have the latest version of your browser (typically Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox) installed on your PC. Failing to do so opens up your computer to vulnerabilities and security threats.
We recommend Google Chrome as an excellent, fast browser that automatically updates itself. In addition, Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning they no longer provide security updates for computers running Windows XP.
We are slowing phasing out support for the following browsers (see below) - if you are using one of the versions listed, we strongly recommend you update your broswer to the latest version in order to access this website, and others, in the future.
- Android 2.3.7, Android 4.0.4, Android 4.1.1, Android 4.2.2 & Android 4.3
- Baidu Jan 2015
- IE 6 / XP, IE 7 / Vista, IE 8 / XP, IE 8-10 / Win 7 R & IE 10 / Win Phone 8.0
- Java 6u45 & Java 7u25
- OpenSSL 0.9.8y
- Safari 5.1.9 / OS X 10.6.8 & Safari 6.0.4 / OS X 10.8.4
7.1 How do I know what version I'm using and how do I update?Keeping your Internet browser up-to-date is important for both security and ensuring that web pages load properly.
- Press the Windows Key, type Check for updates, and then press Enter.
- Under the Update status section, select Check for updates.
If you do not have Windows automatic updates turned on, you will need to carry out the following update.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on and open the Windows Update utility.
- In the left navigation pane, click the Check for updates link.
- You can choose to install all available updates or select the updates you want to install.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button 'three dots 'in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Help, then select About Google Chrome.
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Chrome. If an update is available, there will be an option to install the update.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the Open menu button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, click the Open Help Menu button at the bottom.
- Select About Firefox.
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Firefox. If an update is available, there will be an option to install the update.
- Open the Apple menu and choose App Store.
- In the top of the window that appears, click the Updates button in the toolbar.
- Find Safari and click Update (or Update all to do every app).
- Open Opera web browser.
- Click the Opera icon in the top left-hand corner of the window.
- Select About Opera from the drop-down menu that appears.
- If updates are available, they will be installed automatically.