This is a list of upcoming and recent assisted performances. Click here for a guide to our facilities.
Audio Described PerformancesClick here to download the latest audio brochure version of the Norwich Theatre Royal Brochure.
Audio Described performances are delivered live during a performance via headsets available from the Welcome Point – we recommend booking in the front Stalls
The following audio links will stream MP3's directly through your browser or default media player. To download please refer to your particular application's instructions.
Matthew Bourne's Cinderella: Sat 3rd March 2.30pm, VocalEyes
- Audio Introduction by VocalEyes
- The Kite Runner: Saturday 10th March 2.30pm, Matthew Piper
- Legally Blonde: Sat 31st March 2.30pm, Caroline Williams
- Jungle Book: Sat 14 April, 2018, 2.30pm, Caroline Williams
- Cilla: Sat 21 April, 2018, 2.30pm, Matthew Piper
- Jersey Boys: Thurs 7th June 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Shrek The Musical: Sat 30th June 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
- Aladdin: Sat 5 Jan, 2019, 2.30pm, Minds Eye - Anne Hornsby
Top price seats at all performances are half price for those registered blind or partially sighted and this concession is offered to one companion. For details please ask at the Box Office (01603) 630000
A BSL interpreter will stand on the stage and give a sign interpretation of the text sung or spoken by the actors and singers on the stage. The signer will usually stand stage left. We recommend booking in the Centre Front Stalls.
The following are BSL signed performances:-
- Fat Friends the Musical: Sat 17th March, 2.30pm - Karen Ward Welch - Theatre Sign
- Jungle Book: Sat 14 April, 2018, 2.30pm, Theatresign - Taz Hockaday
- Shrek: Sat 30 June, 2018, 2.30pm, Theatresign - Donna Ruane
- Grease: Sat 28 July, 2018, 2.30pm, Theatresign - Stacey Green
- Miss Saigon: Weds 29th Aug, 2.30pm - Donna Ruane - Theatre Sign
- Aladdin: Sun 6 Jan, 2019, 1pm, Theatresign
During a Captioned Performance there will be caption units displaying spoken or sung words as they are delivered on stage - we recommend avoiding the front three rows when booking to view the captions comfortably.
The following performances are captioned:
- Gallowglass: Thur 22 Feb, 2018, 2.30pm
- The Kite Runner: Wed 7th March 2.30pm
- This House: Thurs 10th May 2.30pm
- Jersey Boys: Thurs 14th June 2.30pm
- Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em: Wed 11 July, 2018, 2.30pm
- Agatha Christie’s Love From a Stranger: Thur 19 July, 2018, 2.30pm
- Grease: Fri 27 July, 2018, 7pm
- Miss Saigon: Weds 5th Sept 2.30pm
- Aladdin: Sun 6 Jan, 2019, 5pm
A supportive and relaxed environment especially suited to those with autism and a wide range of disabilities. Patrons free to move around and make noise during these full-length performances.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and we will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (N.B Relaxed performances cannot be booked online).
Aladdin, Fri 4 Jan, 2019, 5.30pm
- Click Here for Show Information
Dementia-friendly performances offer a safe and relaxed experience for those living with dementia. More inforamtion on Dementia-friendly performances can be found on our accessibility page.
To book for relaxed performances please contact our Box Office on (01603) 630000 and they will be able to offer information and advice on where to sit within the auditorium. (Dementia-friendly performances cannot be booked online).
2018There are no dementia-friendly perfomances planned at present.
Audio & British Sign Language BrochuresWe also offer downloadable audio versions of our brochures.
Click here to download our current Audio brochure, April 2017 - January 2018 (mp3 zipped)
Click here to stream the current brochure
If you would like to receive a Braille, Big Print or Audio brochure posted to you every time they are released, please contact Jo Ross firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 598524