Norwich Theatre Royal is a not-for-profit registered charity and plays a fundamental part in the life of the local community. Both these aspects of our work are central to our support of the region we serve.
As a registered charity we have no shareholders and any surplus funds are reinvested in the theatre and our education programmes. Education is at the heart of everything we do as demonstrated by our flagship Norfolk Schools Project (NSP), which has run biannually since 1997. Central to the project's focus is the idea that, when given the opportunity, children can achieve things beyond their own and others' expectations.
Your ongoing support is essential to secure the future of Norwich Theatre Royal and our education projects.
Local Community Support
To demonstrate our commitment to the community, we provide a wide variety of support:
- We manage Norwich Playhouse on behalf of the Playhouse Trust.
- We provide a range of ticketing and marketing services to organisations including the Norfolk & Norwich Festival, Britten Sinfonia, Houghton Hall, Holt Festival, The Forum Trust, SeaChange Arts, South Norfolk District Council and many other smaller voluntary and community organisations.
- We play an active part in the governance and management of several initiatives and organisations including St George's in Great Yarmouth, Holt Festival, the Norwch Business Improvement District (BID), Norfolk Live, Norfolk Strategic Partnership, the Creative Industries sector group of the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnershp (LEP), Sistema in Norwich and the Music in Norwich group.
- We were founding partners of The Garage, a pioneering organisation providing arts-based training for socially-excluded young people.
- We also provide information, support and advice to teachers, schools, and students of all ages on all aspects of the performing arts, research projects and more.
- In 2016/2017, 546 £10 vouchers were sent out for use in fundraising raffles and auctions by local organisations like schools, groups and sports teams etc. to the value of £5,460. To apply for a voucher for your charity please email firstname.lastname@example.org (We need at least 1 months notice in order to issue vouchers).
We host charitable collections for local charities - last year we helped raise over £6,000 for good causes.
- Click here to download our Collection Guidelines
To find out more or to donate, please contact:
Paula Sanchez, Development Director on (01603) 598 558 or e-mail email@example.com