OUR DATA PROMISE
Theatre Royal (Norwich) Trust Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and data. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You give us your information when you buy a ticket over the counter, by phone or online via our website; by joining the Friends or Corporate Club membership schemes; by signing up for one of our other events or workshops; by updating your preferences on our website; by taking part in a survey from us; by making a donation; by applying for a job with us; or by communicating with us. We also keep your details when you sign up to receive emails from us. If you have signed up to our Access Registration Scheme, we will note this in your customer record along with your needs whilst in one of our venues. For more information on our Access Scheme please check our website.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Ticketing history
- Billing address information
- Direct Debit instructions for memberships or donations
- Donation history
- Gift Aid declaration
- Your preferences for how we communicate with you about our activities
- Information that is available publicly
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
This information, alongside your purchase and/or donation history, is used to select and inform you of other relevant events or activities we think may be of interest to you, as well as opportunities to support our work as an Arts Charity.
We use your data to:
- Provide you with the show tickets or respond to information you have asked for
- Contact you if there are any important changes to your booking
- Administer your ticket sale, Friends membership or donation, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Occasionally undertake customer research to help us understand how we can improve our services or information
- Tell you about changes in our services or new services, events offers, and opportunities to support us that we think you’ll find of interest
- Analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information most relevant to you
If you do not want to receive information by post or email about events, offers, our fundraising activities or customer research, you have the option to change any of your contact preferences at any time by logging into your account online, or by contacting the marketing team via the contact details at the end of this policy. We may combine information you provide to us with anonymised information available from external sources (e.g. Census data) in order to gain a better understanding of our audiences and visitors. We use profiling and segmentation to ensure communications are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience to our customers and supporters. When building a profile we may analyse geographic, demographic and other information relating to you in order to better understand your interests and preferences in order to contact you with the most relevant communications.
For fundraising purposes, we may also make use of additional publicly-available information about you (for example from LinkedIn, Companies House, Charity Commission). For data related to a booking, we will keep your data for three years – after that time, if you have not made another booking, we will anonymise the data and keep it only for statistical and analytical purposes. If you have made a donation and a Gift Aid declaration, we are obliged to keep the declaration and the details of the person who made it, for six years. For data supplied as part of a job application to us, we will keep your details for six months, then delete it.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
GIVING YOU CONTROL
Unless you ask us not to, we will tell you about shows, concerts, priority booking and opportunities to support us. Occasionally, we may include information in these communications from partner organisations or organisations who support us (for example other local arts organisations, companies that perform here, or business sponsors). You can opt out from these communications at any time - every email, or post sent to you, will tell you how to do this. If you have opted out of marketing or fundraising communications, we may still get in touch with you regarding your booking. For example we may email you to give you important information about the show you’ve booked for with any changes that affect you (like a performance being cancelled).
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE
Your personal data will be held and processed on Theatre Royal (Norwich) Trust Ltd’s systems. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer. Your data is always held securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled. It is held in the UK and the processes are EU compliant. We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
Sometimes we ask you to provide sensitive information, for example when you join the Access Registration Scheme, or book for certain workshops or when you apply for a job. We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and do all we can to ensure that all who work with us, whether on stage or joining an education project, are safe and inspired by their experience. For the details of children under 16, we will ask for the consent of a parent/guardian to provide such information. We will always require the carer’s signature on similar documentation relating to vulnerable adults. As with all the personal information we hold, sensitive information is held securely and restricted to those who need to use it. We will delete information when we no longer need it.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you (which we will provide within one month of the date of request, free of charge, unless the request is repetitive, unfounded or excessive)
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (by calling 0303 123 1113, or emailing email@example.com) or Fundraising Regulator (by calling 0300 999 3407, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The right to have your data erased (which we will do within one month of the date of request)
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy, or wish to be removed from any communications or data processing activities:
- You can update your communication preferences online via this link or call the Box Office on (01603) 63 00 00.
- Email us on: email@example.com.
- Or write to us at: Marketing Dept (Data), Theatre Royal (Norwich) Trust Ltd, Theatre Street, Norwich, Norfolk NR2 1RL.
Last updated 07/11/19